Sewing Clothes Kids Love (Paperback)
$25.98 - Save $1.37 (5%) - RRP $27.35 Free delivery worldwide (to United States and
all these other countries) Usually dispatched within 24 hours
Short Description for Sewing Clothes Kids Love This is a book of colorful and imaginative children's clothes to sew, designed with kids in mind. The authors are designers and owners of two popular pattern companies for kid's clothes--Farbenmix and Studio Tantrum, known in the sewing community for their creativity, versatility, and fit. This collection of exclusive patterns, included with the book, offers step-by-step instruction for making boy...
- Published: 01 February 2010
- Format: Paperback 144 pages
- ISBN 13: 9781589234734 ISBN 10: 1589234731
- Sales rank: 16,180
Reviews for Sewing Clothes Kids Love
I purchased this after seeing it at a local fabric shop; I also read a heap of reviews online before deciding to go for this title over a few other books on sewing kids clothes. Yes I will admit it was the pretty overly decorated outfits that sucked me in I love that the clothes, for the most part look like ?kids? clothes rather than tiny adult clothes. The bonus of the book is TEN Patterns for the small price of $27AUD; my daughter will be well dressed for many years just with this book.
So the cons
- I think that the book needed a resources section, the fabric, ribbons, iron on transfers and so on are what make the outfits so wonderful and I have spent a few hours trying to track down some of them, it would have been nice to see a list of retailers or manufactures in the book.
- The lack of boys patterns, I know that everyone has mentioned this, and I do understand that boys are so hard- or maybe boring- to sew for, but it would have been nice to see one more pattern for the boys- although I will say that my 9 year old son will LOVE a Silver Lake windbreaker complete with media pocket and ?Pokémon? style creatures on it.
- I got the new version that has the solid paper patterns and I intend to trance each size as needed- I may even trace patterns I plan on making a lot onto cardboard with the included seam allowance so I can zip around them with my rotary cutter.
- I love the bright embellished outfits in the book, although I doubt I will add as much embellishment to the outfits I make. It is still inspiring to see people doing things that are outside of the box.
- I love the projects section, the sewing instructions are easy to read and are not printed on a huge piece of paper (or multiple huge pieces of paper)
- I have read a few reviews suggesting that the book lacked instruction for embellishing the garments, however I see this as a plus, I do not want to copy an outfit or style but rather use the book as a springboard for my own ideas and my style (and my Kids as well)
To sum up, the book is just the right thing for me at the moment, after reading through it I can?t wait to get stuck into sewing the beautiful clothes contained in it and my kids already have a list of ?wants? from the book. I have only given the book four stars because I haven?t made up any of the garments yet. by Emily Clare Bowser