The Book Depository BlogRSS
- Showing 36 to 40 of 1757 results
Thu, 20 Sep 2012 10:24
And unfortunately, to answer the C S Lewis immortal question, yes, there are more Elves in it...
Mon, 10 Sep 2012 13:23
The sickness destroyed everyone over the age of fourteen. All across London diseased adults are waiting, hungry predators with rotten flesh and ravaged minds. Small Sam and his unlikely ally, The Kid, have survived. They're safe with Ed and his friends at the Tower of London, but Sam is desperate to find his sister. Their search for Ella means Sam and The Kid must cross the forbidden zone. And what awaits them there is more terrifying than any of the horror they've suffered so far ...
Wed, 05 Sep 2012 10:05
Have a bone or two to play with as the time has come to create your very own T-Rex!
With Make Your Own T-Rex you can become an expert paleontologist and build your own dinosaur. No glue and no mess here - 80 sturdy "bones" slot together to make an amazing T-Rex skeleton that stands at almost 1 metre long.
The book is packed with facts & tells you all about dinosaur behaviour, the world they lived in and clear step-by-step picture instructions of how to build your model.
Thu, 16 Aug 2012 15:41
There's a couple of big movies coming out in the next few months adapted from big books. Looks like they've thrown quite a lot of money at these flicks...
1st up is David Mitchell's 'unfilmable' Cloud Atlas. Three directors, nearly three hours *gulp* (epic trailer too - clear 6 minutes to view)
2nd is Yann Martel's also 'unfilmable' Life of Pi. Much resting on the stripes of a CGI'd Tiger. Grrrrrooowwwlllll.
As ever, we would urge you to read the wonderful books first!
Thu, 16 Aug 2012 15:13
What if angels not only walked among us - but were our celebrities? What if they saved people for money? That's the reality in Angel City. Jackson Godspeed is the hottest Angel in a city obsessed with Immortals. He's about to become the youngest Guardian ever. Everyone loves him except Maddy Montgomery. She's not interested in celebrities. Until Jackson takes refuge in the diner where Maddy works and a fierce, inexplicable connection pulls them together.
There are angels and then there are Angels. There are book trailers and then there's this:
We forgot this is a book trailer half way through and started wondering when the movie comes out. Which is not actually that far away from the truth, as the producers of Gossip Girl and Vampire Diaries have already optioned Immortal City for television development. Find the book here and don't forget your popcorn.
- Showing 36 to 40 of 1757 results
- The Book Depository Team
- Anna Content Manager View posts >
- Adam Spinach View posts >
- Eric Admin View posts >
- Ben Elliss Head of IT View posts >
- Admin The Book Depository View posts >
View more team members >
- Mr McPaws Poet and kitten View posts >
- Alice Hart Davis Author View posts >
- Sibella Court Author View posts >
- Gordon Grice Gordon Grice View posts >
- Kieron MD The Book Depository View posts >
- Barry Chicken House View posts >
- Hugh Aldersey Williams Author View posts >
- Mark Forsyth Author View posts >
- Stevo Senior Designer View posts >
- Thalia Guest blogger View posts >
- Jason Senior front end Dev View posts >
- Will IT Director View posts >
- Mark Content Manager View posts >
- Publisher Blogs
- Alma Books Bloggerel
- Continuum philosophy
- Faber's Thought Fox
- Harvard University Press Publicity
- Indiana University Press
- Jam Language Publishing
- North Atlantic Books
- View more publisher blog >