The Book Depository BlogRSS
Wed, 25 Mar 2009 09:39
In association with our friends at Canongate we are giving away a free ebook of Laurence Shorter's The Optimist: One Man's Search for the Brighter Side of Life (PDF; 870kb):
Laurence Shorter is feeling anxious. Every time he turns on the radio or opens a newspaper he finds another reason to be tearful.
It's time to make a change. Can Desmond Tutu bring a smile to Laurence's face? Will he ride out the tide of pessimism with California's famous Surfing Rabbi? Or will it fall to the ultimate icon of optimism, Bill Clinton, to show Laurence the brighter side of life?
You don't need any special software or hardware just click on this link to the PDF and start reading!
(If you prefer, however, you can always buy the actual, real, paper and ink book!)
CommentsShowing 1 to 18 of 18 results
Showing 1 to 18 of 18 results
...and I didn't even have to drive to the bookstore. Thanks!!
- Posted Wed, 22 Apr 2009 13:27
- Tye Parent
- Posted Wed, 15 Apr 2009 13:16
Thank you so much! This book sounds so up my street! Brilliant!
- Posted Sat, 04 Apr 2009 18:19
thank you. i look forward to reading it.
- Posted Sat, 04 Apr 2009 05:50
I'm loving the book, thanks, and desperate for an e-bookmark - how do e-readers keep their place?
- Posted Fri, 03 Apr 2009 22:02
Let's give my first e-book a try. Thank You!!
- Posted Fri, 03 Apr 2009 05:21
As someone who hasn't read a newspaper, watched a news broadcast or listened to the news on the radio since December 2007 - this book began as though it were my own memory!! Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Guess what - I have never heard Gordon Brown speak as PM - bliss!!
- Posted Fri, 03 Apr 2009 00:46
Thanks for my first e-book! I look forward to reading it.
- Posted Thu, 02 Apr 2009 09:41
- Louis Schembri
Thanks for the free e-book. Superb idea.
- Posted Thu, 02 Apr 2009 02:14
Thank you for my very first e-book ...I'm looking forward to reading it :)
- Posted Wed, 01 Apr 2009 20:57
- K Ayl
Good call looking forward to reading :)
- Posted Wed, 01 Apr 2009 12:27
- Beverly Clark
What a novel idea. Thank you. I can buy this for a friend if I enjoy it.
- Posted Wed, 01 Apr 2009 03:39
- Janet Klaar
Thanks for my first e-book. Looking forward to trying this out!
- Posted Tue, 31 Mar 2009 14:10
- Gill Ashby
Now this is a great idea. I have downloaded and saved this for a rainy day when I need cheering up.
- Posted Tue, 31 Mar 2009 02:49
- H Lawless
looking forward to seeing the book. If I enjoy I can buy it as a present for friends. Great idea.
- Posted Sun, 29 Mar 2009 05:52
My first free e-book! I'm sure it will be a nice reading. Thank you
- Posted Sun, 29 Mar 2009 03:06
- Ander Egiluz Beramendi
Thanks for the free e-book... actually, i'm thinking of buying an e-book portable reader; the optimist could be the first archive in it :) Thanks again!
- Posted Mon, 30 Mar 2009 09:53
- Carmen Serracino Inglott
looking forward to reading this book when pessimism reigns in the world. A perfect read for today's times. C. Serracino Inglott
- Posted Mon, 30 Mar 2009 03:32
Write a Comment
- The Book Depository Team
- Adam Spinach View posts >
- Anna Content Manager View posts >
- Eric Admin View posts >
- Ben Elliss Head of IT View posts >
- Admin The Book Depository View posts >
View more team members >
- Mr McPaws Poet and kitten View posts >
- Alice Hart Davis Author View posts >
- Sibella Court Author View posts >
- Gordon Grice Gordon Grice View posts >
- Kieron MD The Book Depository View posts >
- Barry Chicken House View posts >
- Hugh Aldersey Williams Author View posts >
- Mark Forsyth Author View posts >
- Stevo Senior Designer View posts >
- Thalia Guest blogger View posts >
- Jason Senior front end Dev View posts >
- Will IT Director View posts >
- Mark Content Manager View posts >
- Publisher Blogs
- Alma Books Bloggerel
- Continuum philosophy
- Faber's Thought Fox
- Harvard University Press Publicity
- Indiana University Press
- Jam Language Publishing
- North Atlantic Books
- View more publisher blog >